- Auto-Owners Insurance Company
- Iron Point Partners, LLC
- Paul Fata & Sons
- 7050 Building
- University Office Place Associates, LLC
Whether in his role as Facility Manager for a major multi-market institutional occupier where project and move management were primary responsibilities, or as Real Estate Manager where multiple owners require his acumen for attention to detail and follow up, William Shy’s experience and core understanding of construction and project management make him a natural leader in the field of asset services.
As Real Estate Manager Bill performs a full range of asset management services including lease negotiations, budgets and planning, financial management, operational evaluation and contract administration; he oversees ground-up developments, tenant build-out projects and capital improvement projects. Bill is also tasked as the Facility Condition Assessment liaison for all management projects in Mid and West Michigan. His extensive insight in the areas of project management, retail management, national occupiers, and institutional budgeting and reporting, make his alliance with Martin Commercial Properties a perfect fit.
Bill’s track record includes a wide array projects from tenant improvements—as small as $25,000 and as large as $500,000—to landlord building improvements and ground up developments.
Since joining Martin Commercial Properties in 2005, Bill has managed more than 20 projects to successful completion for corporate, institutional and single-market owners. A sampling of projects includes:
- 8,000 SF/$205,000 tenant improvement build out for technology firm
- 68,000 SF ground up retail shell construction
- 19 national and local tenant retail build outs from cold dark shell
- CMMS software upgrade and inventory update assignment
In addition, a sampling of real estate management assignments includes:
- BOMA: Building Owners & Managers Association – President, Mid-Michigan Chapter
- NAR: National Association of REALTORS®
- MAR: Michigan Association of REALTORS®
- CBOR: Commercial Board of REALTORS®
- BOMA Green Knights
- CPM Candidate: IREM
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Arts; Business Administration
- Lansing Community College, Associate in Applied Science; Architectural Technology
- Project Management Certificate