Bob Johnson is the Director of Operations for Martin Commercial Properties.
Bob has more than 19 years of executive management leadership within state and local government. In addition, Bob brings 12 years of experience in coordinating complicated real estate development financing, master plan activities, zoning, site plan, and building permit approval activities. His most recent position was as Director of the City of Lansing’s Planning & Neighborhood Development Department.
Bob also is deeply involved in his community and has served on several area boards including Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Closing the Digital Gap, Ele’s Place, Lansing Entertainment Public Facilities Authority, and the Lansing Housing Commission.
In 1974, he moved with his family to the Lansing area from New Bedford, Massachusetts and Bob is still a life-long Boston Red Sox fan. He also enjoys the outdoors and is an avid waterfowl hunter; even patenting a hunting blind with flip up hood for use in the activity.
Bob earned his undergraduate degree in Financial Management from Stonehill College in North Easton, Massachusetts and his M.B.A. for Northeastern University in Boston.
Bob and his wife, Suki, reside in Lansing with their sons Travis and Trent, and daughter, Devani.
- Citizens Waterfowl Advisory Committee, South Zone
- Land Information Access Association
- Lansing Entertainment Public Facilities Authority
- Capital Area Transportation Authority – Bus Rapid Transit team
- Board of Water & Light – Central Substation Site Selection
- B.S.: Financial Management, Stonehill College North Easton, Massachusetts
- M.B.A.: Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters – Boston
- Closing the Digital Gap
- Ele’s Place
- United States Citizenship Instructor
- Junior Achievement of Mid-Michigan